Thursday 26 August 2021

Volcanic Eruption

Today we learnt how to either Blow up a balloon with vinegar and baking soda or yeast, Make a volcanic eruption or explode a lunch bag. I chose to do a volcanic eruption because I've always wanted to but I never knew how to and I only had the supplies to do the volcano.

For this exciting task I had to gather baking soda, dish soap and vinegar. Instead of making a volcano because the dirt was too stiff to dig in covered the bottle with leaves sticks and it was easy to grab dirt. I did not find anything challenging except taking the photos because of the sun and the big tree behind me.

Have you ever made a volcano or have you ever seen a live volcano?

For this task we watched a video on a nifty site called ScienceBob.com! Before 
After



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zoe,

    I like your creative idea of making a volcano outside and using a bottle covered in leaves and branches. I would love to know what happened when you did the experiment? Did the bottle overflow when the chemical reaction occurred? I would love to know.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.